Vocational Qualification in Business at Tredu Santalahdentie
Come and study in English!
Application starting in spring 2023!
Hakuaika 20.02. - 22.03.2023Apply here!
Content of the degree
Business skills are needed in all sectors of the working life. Tredu´s Vocational Qualification in Business (180 competence points) provides broad basic skills for Customer Service and Sales and Marketing communications in an international context. During the studies you will develop a wide range of professional skills centered around entrepreneurship and sustainable business. You will also learn the latest skills in business IT. The language studies include Finnish, Swedish, English and an additional foreign language. International exchanges and on-the-job learning periods abroad are an optional part of the study program. Studying in multicultural groups, international student exchanges and projects will prepare you for the international tasks in labor market or contribute to the postgraduate studies.
The scope of the Vocational Qualification in Business is 180 competence points. The qualification is composed of vocational units (145 competence points) and common units (35 competence points).
The qualification title received after completing Vocational Qualification in Business is “merkonomi”.
Business studies in English, in the multicultural environment, will prepare you for the international tasks in labor market or contribute to the higher education studies. In the beginning of studies, the focus is gaining skills needed in the business field, by completing the three compulsory units: Customer Service, Productive Operation, and Acting in a Work Community.
Optional studies enable different study paths: you may focus, for example, on Customer Service, Sales and Marketing Communications and Content Production, and in addition either on Working in a Project and Event Production or on Planning a Business and Working in a Company.
Explore different job opportunities and build future contacts by taking part in international student exchanges, projects and tutoring. There are many opportunities for you during the studies. The language studies include Finnish, Swedish, English and an additional foreign language.
Studying business at Tredu Santalahdentie will give you great opportunities to do internships in Finland and abroad!
Do double examination
It is possible to prepare for the national matriculation examination during the studies and combine the general upper secondary education with this in five subjects (Finnish as a mother tongue, Swedish, Mathematics, English and a theoretical subject). These studies are carried out during daytime. The language of instruction is Finnish.
Requirements for student selection
• Qualification equivalent to Finnish basic education of nine years
• Good command in English language
• Motivation to study business
• Priority is given to applicants with sufficient Finnish language skills (A1.3)
• The education is targeted at the applicants of EU/Schengen countries, mainly people already living in Finland.
• We can yearly accept a few applicants without the needed entry requirements. In this case we require that the applicant has a well-grounded reason to study in Finland and in Tampere Vocational College Tredu. Well-grounded reason could be e.g. family reasons, athlete status etc. Foreign applicants under 18 years must have a legal guardian living in the Tampere area. We will check the eligibility and guardian’s information before inviting the applicant to a selection interview.
Motivation and language skills are tested in admission interview.
Duration of studies
Three years or according to the personal skills development plan. The studies are carried out during daytime.
How to apply
The next application will start in Spring 2023 (February 20 – March 22, 2023). The application document will be opened HERE during application time.
- Application period is February 20 – March 22, 2023.
- The entrance exam will be held on Wednesday 19th of April, 2023 at Tredu Pyynikki campus, (Santalahdentie 10) Tampere. All eligible applicants will be interviewed. The invitations to entrance interviews will be sent to the applicant’s email.
- Admission results will be published on June 15th, 2023.
- The studies begin on August 3rd, 2023.
- Study period: August 3rd, 2023 – June, 2026
- Language of tuition: English
- Study location: Tredu Santalahdentie 10, Tampere, Finland
TreduNavi Admission Services
tel +358 40 170 5649