Vocational Qualification in Business
Come and study in English!
Application starting in spring 2023!
Hakuaika 20.02. - 22.03.2023Apply here!
Content of the degree
Business skills are needed in all sectors of the working life. Tredu´s Vocational Qualification in Business (180 competence points) provides broad basic skills for Customer Service and Sales and Marketing communications in an international context. During the studies you will develop a wide range of professional skills centered around entrepreneurship and sustainable business. You will also learn the latest skills in business IT. The language studies include Finnish, Swedish, English and an additional foreign language. International exchanges and on-the-job learning periods abroad are an optional part of the studies. There will be also a possibility to include higher education studies in the qualification.
The scope of the Vocational Qualification in Business is 180 competence points. The qualification is composed of vocational units (145 competence points) and common units (35 competence points).
Check out Finnish National Agency for Education’s requirements for this qualification.
The qualification title received after completing Vocational Qualification in Business is “merkonomi”.
Business studies in English, in the multicultural environment, will prepare you for the international tasks in labor market or contribute to the higher education studies. In the beginning of studies, the focus is gaining skills needed in the business field, by completing the three compulsory units: Customer Service, Productive Operation, and Acting in a Work Community.
Optional studies enable different study paths: you may focus, for example, on Customer Service, Sales and Marketing Communications and Content Production, and in addition either on Working in a Project and Event Production or on Planning a Business and Working in a Company.
Explore different job opportunities and build future contacts by taking part in international student exchanges, projects and tutoring. There are many opportunities for you during the studies. The language studies include Finnish, Swedish, English and an additional foreign language.
Business graduate is a customer-oriented business expert with good communication and interaction skills as well as language skills. Other important things to do in this field are:
- number precision
- good IT capabilities
- entrepreneurial attitude
- teamwork skills
- developing one’s own skills
- good social media and digital skills
Studying business at Tredu Santalahdentie will give you great opportunities to do internships in Finland and abroad!
Requirements for student selection
• Qualification equivalent to Finnish General upper secondary education, (high school diploma) or Vocational upper secondary education.
• Good command in English language
• Interest in working in business field
• This education is targeted at people living in Finland or in EU/Schengen countries.
• To be eligible to apply you need to have the right to work in Finland. https://migri.fi/en/right-to-work
• Priority is given to applicants with sufficient Finnish language skills (A1.3)
Motivation and language skills are tested in a selection interview.
Duration of studies
2 years or according to the personal skills development plan. The studies are carried out during daytime.
How to apply
The next application will start in Spring 2023. The application document will be opened HERE during application time.
- Application period is February 20 – March 22, 2023.
- The entrance exam will be held on Wednesday 25th of April, 2023 at Tredu Pyynikki campus, (Santalahdentie 10) Tampere. All eligible applicants will be interviewed. The invitations to entrance interviews will be sent to the applicant’s email.
- Admission results will be published on June 8th, 2023.
- The studies begin on August 7th, 2023.
- Study period: 1-2 years according to your personal plan.
- Language of tuition: English
- Study location: Tredu Santalahdentie 10, Tampere, Finland
TreduNavi Admission Services
tel +358 40 170 5649