Sports and Business at Tredu Santalahdentie
A super combination for your future! Is your goal to be a professional athlete? Join our study programme and we will help you!
Apply period 20.02. - 19.03.2024Apply here!
- Apply period
- 20.02. - 19.03.2024
- Program starts
- No tuition fee
Content of the degree
Is your goal to be a professional athlete? Join our study programme and we will help you! Business skills are needed in all sectors of working life, including sports. The business communications, team work and negotiations skills practiced during the studies will benefit you also in your career in sports. You will learn how to create and maintain your personal brand as a future athlete and a business professional. Combining goal-oriented sports with business studies develops your self-leadership and discipline, while studying in a diverse group enhances your cross-cultural competence. Tredu’s Vocational Qualification in Business provides broad basic skills for Customer Service, Sales and Marketing Communications in an international context. In addition, you can study Entrepreneurship or Project Management according to your interests. While studying, you’re able to train your skills in sports with professional coaches.
The scope of the Vocational Qualification in Business is 180 competence points. The qualification is composed of vocational units (145 competence points) and common units (35 competence points).
The qualification requirements will be renewed from 1.8.2024.
The qualification title received after completing Vocational Qualification in Business is “merkonomi”.
Business studies in English, in the multicultural environment, will prepare you for the international tasks in labor market or contribute to the higher education studies. In the beginning of studies, the focus is gaining skills needed in the business field, by completing the three compulsory units: Customer Service, Productive Operation, and Acting in a Work Community.
Optional studies enable different study paths: you may focus, for example, on Customer Service, Sales and Marketing Communications and Content Production, and in addition either on Working in a Project and Event Production or on Planning a Business and Working in a Company.
Explore different job opportunities and build future contacts by taking part in international student exchanges, projects and tutoring. There are many opportunities for you during the studies. The language studies include Finnish, Swedish, English and an additional foreign language.
Let’s work together towards your goals!
Do double examination
It is possible to prepare for the national matriculation examination during the studies and combine the general upper secondary education with this in five subjects (Finnish as a mother tongue, Swedish, Mathematics, English and a theoretical subject). These studies are carried out during daytime. The language of instruction is Finnish.
Requirements for student selection
- Qualification equivalent to Finnish basic education of nine years.
- This education is for those who have citizenship or residence permit in Finland or in EU/ETA/Schengen countries.
- Foreign applicants under 18 years must have a legal guardian living in the Tampere area. We will check the eligibility and guardian’s information before inviting the applicant to an interview.
- Applicants of compulsory education age will be prioritized.
- Fluent in English language.
- Those who speak Finnish at a basic level (minimum) will be prioritized.
- Priority is given to applicants with sufficient Finnish language skills (A1.3)
Duration of studies
Three years or according to the personal skills development plan. The studies are carried out during daytime.
Check out our video about Sports and Business studies:
How to apply
Fill out the application form in Opintopolku.
- Please attach the document regarding your Residence permit in Finland or in EU/ETA/Schengen countries. The Residence permit must be valid until the end of June 2024.
- Please also attach a certificate of previous education (basic education diploma) with your application. The certificate must be translated into Finnish or English by an official translator.
- Motivation and language skills are tested in an admission interview, interviews will be held in Santalahdentie 10, Tampere, Finland.
- Total amount of 50 persons will be invited to the admission interview and the priority will be given to applicants already living in Finland.
- If there are more than 50 eligible applicants, we will use random selection.
Please notice the application timeline:
- Application period is February 20th – March 19th, 2024.
- The invitations to admission interviews will be sent to the applicant’s email.
- The admission interview will be held on 24th April 2024 at Tredu Pyynikki Campus, (Santalahdentie 10) Tampere.
- The results of student selection will be announced on June 13th, 2024.
- The deadline for accepting the study place at the latest by June 20th, 2024.
- The studies begin on 5th August 2024.
- Study location: Tredu Santalahdentie 10, Tampere, Finland.
Certificate of European Business Behaviour and Democracy (EBBD)
At Tredu it is possible to acquire EBBD certificate (European Business Behaviour and Democracy) while studying in Vocational Qualification in Business. The certificate is issued for excellence in business competence in international environment. The certificate increases opportunities particularly in international job market. Read more: European Business Behaviour and Democracy.
Contact person in Tredu: Business lecturer Marika Malmström: email@example.com
Guidance Councelor, Merja Helin
tel +358 40 825 7240
TreduNavi Admission Services
tel +358 40 170 5649
Sports Coordinator, Lecturer Antti Särösalo, Tredu