Come and study at Tredu Santalahdentie!
Hakuaika 20.02. - 19.03.2024
- 20.02. - 19.03.2024
- Englanninkielinen opetus, Päiväopetus
- Tampere Santalahdentie
- Opinnot alkavat
- No tuition fee
These studies provide expertise in restaurant and catering services as well as the customer service and English language skills. The students specialize in cooking tasks. Cook is working in food preparation tasks at the restaurant and participates in customer service with the other restaurant staff. Cook knows the ingredients, plans and prepares tasty dishes, sets out portions and takes care of the cleanliness of the kitchen. He/she uses various tools and equipment according to his operating environment. Cook also knows how to take into account nutritional recommendations and special diets.
Cook’s working places include professional and catering kitchens, cafes and lunch restaurants, food restaurants and bars, banquets, fine dining restaurants, hotels and catering companies.
The strengths of the cook’s profession are precise taste, craftsmanship, imagination and creativity. Jobs in the field also emphasize the ability to withstand pressure and hurry, as well as the ability to work with different kind of people.
Other important things in this field are:
- sales and service skills
- teamwork skills
- language skills
- economical skills
- entrepreneurial attitude
- good physical condition is beneficial when working in restaurant and catering field, for example if you have musculoskeletal disorder it might be difficult for you to work as a cook
Our students also acquire alcohol and hygiene passports as part of their studies.
Content of the degree
The new qualification requirements will be renewed from 1.8.2024.
The scope of the Vocational Qualification in Restaurant and Catering Services is 180 competence points. The qualification is composed of vocational units (145 competence points) and common units (35 competence points).
Check out the Requirements of Vocational Qualification in Restaurant and Catering Services at the site of Finnish National Agency for Education (Opens in a new window)
The vocational qualification in Restaurant and Catering Services has two competence areas:
• competence area of customer service (waiter/waitress) and
• competence area of food services (cook).
The preliminary selection of the competence area will be done in the application document. Note! Spring 2024 application is only for competence area of food services (cook). Tredu provides perfect facilities for training at the college’s own lunch restaurant Elmeri and cafeteria Eevi, before the on-the-job periods in Finland or abroad.
These studies provide expertise in restaurant and catering services as well as the customer service and English language skills. The students specialize in cooking tasks.
Requirements for student selection
- Qualification equivalent to Finnish basic education of nine years.
- Good command in English language.
- Interest in the study field.
- This education is for those who have citizenship or residence permit in Finland or in EU/ETA/Schengen countries and who have the right to work in Finland https://migri.fi/en/right-to-work.
- Priority will be given to applicants who already speak Finnish.
- Motivation and language skills are tested in an admission interview.
Duration of studies
Three years or according to the personal skills development plan. The studies are carried out during daytime and also in the evenings.
How to Apply
Fill out the application form in Opintopolku. Please attach all the relevant documents regarding Residence permit in Finland (or in EU/ETA / Schengen area) and previous education (basic education diploma) with your application.
Please notice the application timeline:
- Application period is 20.2.-19.3.2024.
- The invitations to entrace interviews will be sent to the applicant’s email.
- The entrance interview will be held on April 22th or April 23rd, 2024 at Tredu Pyynikki Campus, (Santalahdentie 10) Tampere.
- The results of student selection will be announced on June 14th, 2024.
- The deadline for accepting the study place at the latest by June 20th, 2024.
- The studies begin on August 5th, 2024.
- Study location: Tredu Santalahdentie 10, Tampere, Finland.
041 730 7299
TreduNavi Admission Services
tel +358 40 170 5649